POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : My personal Moray wishlist... : Re: My personal Moray wishlist... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My personal Moray wishlist...
From: Nathan J  Smith
Date: 3 Dec 1999 03:25:34
Message: <38477F64.69661DB5@ilstu.edu>
I would like to see the ability to dynamicly include objects from other
.mdl files.  This would be a huge help.  Instead of actually having to
place every object in one file, you could have many files each with an
object in it.  I do this now, but when I want to render an entire scene
I have to copy the newest version of an object out of its file (or do a
file merge, is what its called I believe) and translate it to fit in its
new place in the combined scene.

Programs such as PageMaker do this already.  If you update a graphic,
the graphic is then updated in all documents that it is placed in.

Nathan